Tuesday, August 14, 2012

CSA - Week Four

Another week of yummy produce to enjoy.  I'm having to get creative with the zucchini - between the CSA and my own garden, we are being taken over!  But it's not a bad problem to have.  Come winter we'll really miss the stuff!  Here's this week's share...


It includes zucchini (of course!), squash, tomatoes, garlic, peas, radishes, cabbage, cucumbers, and blackberries.  I'm going to make freezer jam with the blackberries because we just can't eat them fast enough and I need to clear the fridge for vacation.  I think I'll pass the peas along to friends - we just don't care much for them around here.  So, that leaves the cabbage and radishes to deal with.  Still not sure how to use up the heads of cabbage and not sure about the radishes, either.  I don't care much for them raw, but I've never had them any other way.  My husband likes them alright sliced on a salad, so that's probably as creative as I'll get.  I'll miss a couple of weeks due to vacation - my MIL will be enjoying the shares in my place until we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment